A mild hybrid vehicle is one that combines both a traditional internal combustion engine (ICE) and an electric motor. The ICE provides power, while the electric motor boosts performance and increases fuel efficiency. Mild hybrids often have regenerative braking systems, which capture energy from braking to be stored in the vehicle’s battery for use later.
Why would you buy a plugin hybrid car?
- Usually cheaper to buy than an electric car.
- There are no range anxiety issues.
- You can fill up in a few minutes.
- Manages the daily commute using electric power.
- Longer driving range.
- Low CO2 emissions.
- An opportunity to test living with an electric car.